About Me

My photo
Hi, Thanks for stopping by! My goal with this blog is to document my journey of living simply yet functional. I'm excited to begin writing my story and hope you find some inspiration along the way. I am a full-time working mom with three young daughters. My husband and I have been married for almost 13 years and enjoy finding ways to make our home work for us.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

To my sweet Amelia

Dear Amelia,

I was so happy to see you before I left for work this morning. You woke up so cheerful and sat with me for a few minutes in the living room. This wasn't a holiday or special occasion so, one that may not stand out in your memory as you grow, but one I want you to know.  I'm writing this so you know on September 27, 2017, you added a bit of sparkle to my weekday morning routine.

As I rode on the train this morning, I thought about your birthday. I remember being moved to my postpartum room shortly after having you (you were already there with your dad).  The nurses were talking about the weather and how it was snowing (lightly) outside. I love snow...it's just so magical. And in that moment of discussion, the magic of snow and a healthy, beautiful girl were linked in my mind.

I view you as magical as snow.  You take on that world with such an inquisitive mind yet fearless and strong.  You love learning about how the world works.

You are magical my Dear Amelia.  Enjoy this beautiful world and never stop asking "why".

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment