About Me
- Kathleen Thomas
- Hi, Thanks for stopping by! My goal with this blog is to document my journey of living simply yet functional. I'm excited to begin writing my story and hope you find some inspiration along the way. I am a full-time working mom with three young daughters. My husband and I have been married for almost 13 years and enjoy finding ways to make our home work for us.
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
To my last baby...
Dear Lucy,
I write this post as I sit with you asleep in my arms. It's a peaceful moment and one I want to document for you. The past few days have been emotional for me as I started to see signs of the need to supplement with formula in your diet. Your nursing sessions and my milk supply has decreased during pumping sessions. I knew this day would come...I just didn't expect it for a few more months.
My heart aches and it full of mother's guilt. I tried so hard to achieve a full year of breastfeeding with you. The demands of a full time career (outside of being a mom) with a constant need to be on the go and in meetings has added challenge into maintaining several pumping sessions while away from you.
Life doesn't always go as you plan and you will constantly be thrown curve balls. How you manage them is what is important. Making the decision to supplement is what is important for you at this time.
XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment